If you are uninstalling an unauthorized installation of dnetc, please e-mail email@example.com so we can fully enforce our policies on unauthorized installation, and so we can provide you with the most current information.
- Ensure that it is not running by starting the client with the
'-shutdown' switch. eg 'dnetc -shutdown'. Under Unix, you may wish
to kill(1) all instances of 'dnetc'.
- Windows: If it is installed as a service, uninstall it by running the
client with the '-uninstall' switch. If you're not sure do it anyway.
- Unix: The client may have been 'installed' to start automatically (see
may require some steps to 'uninstall' it. Refer to the above mentioned
URL for more information.
- If the client was installed in its own directory then simply delete
that directory and all its contents.
- If the client is not in its own directory, you will have to find and
delete the following files manually. They will probably all be in the
same directory. There may also be log files in this directory.
dnetc.*, buff-in.*, buff-out.*, rc5des.*, rc5desg.*
- Windows: If there is a dnetc.scr in the windows or windows/system
directory delete that too.
- Unix: Maybe check the user's crontab if he scheduled the program to
run at certain times.