The main website, this FAQ and blogs/plans distributed.net are served by Dreamhost.
Previously served by nodeone:
Prior to that, it was served by nodezero (newnodezero):
- Dual Opteron, 4GB RAM
- 1U rack mount
- Supermicro H8DAR-T motherboard
- 4x250GB RAID10 on 3Ware 9500S Controller
- Operating System is FreeBSD 8.0
- Purchased 2007, Put into full service during summer 2010, still in service.
Prior to that, there was another machine also called nodezero (oldnodezero):
- Pentium III-450, PS2-LS Motherboard
- 768MB RAM, two 9GB SCSI drives
- 4U rack mount
- Operating system was FreeBSD 4.10
- Purchased 1999-10, Put into full service 2001-05, Major services migrated off during summer 2010, Still in service, Scheduled to be taken offline 2010-11? (In service for 9.5 years)
Prior to that, the website was served by watcher, duncan's personal machine.
- AMD K6 300Mhz
- 196 MB RAM, 8GB IDE
- AT mini tower case
- Operating system was FreeBSD 2.2.8
- Put into service 1998-09, Taken out of primary service and made secondary mirror 2001-05, offline due to hardware failure in 2005-09. (In service for 7 years)
- Taken out of service 1998-09